Mr Markov has more than 20-year legal experience. A majority of his professional career he was involved in international legal consulting. As an in-house lawyer worked for a leading international bank in the region and one of major Kazakhstani industrial groups.
Vsevolod has advised on finance transactions, including project and trade finance transactions organized by US, European and Asian financial institutions, initial public offerings (IPO), Eurobond issues and interbank loans. He has worked with direct investment funds in their financing of projects in various industries.
A substantial part of Mr Markov’s practice comprises advising on M&A transactions, sale and purchase of shares/ equity interests in companies and other assets, and on requirements to obtain governmental approvals for such transactions.
Vsevolod also advises on franchising and distribution, corporate, tax and other matters.
- Finance & Capital Markets
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Franchising and Distribution
- Representation of a Chinese bank in a US$ 3 billion loan transaction aimed at acquisition of a Kazakhstani oil company
- Acting as a Kazakhstani local counsel to a major Kazakhstani bank in multibillion dollar court proceedings (in London, Cyprus and BVI) for recovery of damages from the bank’s former management
- Participation in global restructuring and preparations for IPO on the London Stock Exchange of a major industrial group in Kazakhstan
- Representation of a Kazakhstani borrower in raising of US$292 million debt for construction of the first aluminium smelter in Kazakhstan
- Representation of a major Kazakhstani bank in its US$ 225 million Eurobond issue through Dutch SPV
- Representation of one of major Kazakhstani banks in its US$ 200 million Eurobond issue
- Procurement advice to an international company and assistance in negotiations with a Kazakhstani subsoil user on terms and conditions of a procurement contract for drilling works for the amount of US$ 70 million; on-going performance advice and advice on possibilities to amend the contract
- Acting for one of the largest international chains of fast-food restaurants in connection with negotiation of terms and entering into a franchise agreement with a Kazakhstani financial and industrial group
- Representation of a group of foreign banks in a US$ 100 million loan transaction with a Kazakhstani oil producer
- Representation of an international brand-name fashion retailer in connection with sale of five Kazakhstani companies to a global fashion retailer