BMF Partners Law Firm LLP
34, Luganskogo Street
Republic of Kazakhstan
Tel: +7 (727) 3 909 907
Tel/Fax: +7 (727) 2 255 674
Mr. Markov holds degrees in philology and law; started his legal career in 1996. As an in-house lawyer worked for a leading international bank in the region and one of major Kazakhstani industrial groups.
A majority of his professional career Vsevolod was involved in international legal consulting, where he gained substantial experience in advising on various types of transactions, including finance and capital market transactions, mergers and acquisitions, franchising, distribution and many others.
Vsevolod was involved in trade and project finance transactions organised by the U.S., European and Asian investment banks and state-owned financial institutions, IPO and Eurobond issues, corporate and inter-bank loans.
Mr. Markov has advised local and international clients on various legal matters, including corporate, tax, labour and others.
Practices & Industries
- Finance & Capital Markets
- Labour & Employment
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Represent a major Chinese bank in a US$ 3 billion loan transaction for acquisition of a major oil producer in Kazakhstan
- Represent a major Kazakhstani bank in a set of asset recovery proceedings in London, BVI and Cyprus for the amount in excess of US$ 5 billion
- Participate in global restructuring and preparations for IPO in London of a major industrial group in Kazakhstan
- Represent a Kazakhstani borrower in raising of US$292 million debt for construction of the first aluminium smelter in Kazakhstan
- Represent a major Kazakhstani bank in its US$ 225 million Eurobond issue through Dutch SPV
- Represent one of major Kazakhstani banks in its US$ 200 million Eurobond issue
- Represent a large international group of companies involved in drilling business in negotiations of a US$ 70 million drilling contract with a major Kazakhstani chromium ore producer
- Representation of one the largest global chain of fast-food restaurants in negotiations for sale of its franchise to a large financial and industrial group in Kazakhstan
- Represent a group of foreign banks in a US$ 100 million loan transaction with a Kazakhstani oil producer
- Represent a Saudi-origin group of companies involved in fashion retail business in Kazakhstan in a US$ 5 million transaction for sale of five Kazakhstani subsidiaries to one of the world’s largest fashion retail group