BMF Partners Law Firm LLP
34, Luganskogo Street
Republic of Kazakhstan
Tel: +7 (727) 3 909 907
Tel/Fax: +7 (727) 2 255 674
Mr. Furman was engaged in private legal practice and was one of the initiators of establishment of the Union of Barristers of the Republic of Kazakhstan in 1992.
Vladimir is an arbitrator of the Center of Arbitration and Arbitration Proceedings of the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Since 2014, upon the recommendation of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Mr. Furman is an expert/arbitrator of the Expert Commission for Settlement of Disputes within the framework of the 2011 Free Trade Zone Agreement.
Over more than 30 - year legal practice, Mr. Furman successfully completed hundreds of court and arbitration proceedings, participate in a big number of projects across various industries, advised clients on a wide range of legal matters.
Vladimir provided legal support to a number of major investment projects, restructuring of holding companies, forced and voluntary liquidation of companies. He has significant experience in restructuring of debt, settlement of complex disputes out of court. Vladimir has considerable experience in arbitration and litigation on disputes relating to customs, transportation, corporate and labour issues, real estate, telecommunications, intellectual property and many other areas.
Practices & Industries
- Antimonopoly regulation
- Land use
- International trade
- Subsoil use
- Mergers & acquisitions (M&A)
- Construction & real estate
- Litigation & arbitration
- Labour & employment
- Advising an international drilling contractor on a US$70 million contract for services with a Kazakhstani mining company
- Participation in arbitration team representing the Republic of Kazakhstan in LCIA in a US$4 billion dispute with a Canadian mining company over a contract for mining and export of uranium
- Participation in arbitration team representing a Kazakhstani oil producer in LCIA in a US$2 million dispute arising from a drilling contract
- Legal advice to the Kazakhstani branch of the world's largest oilfield services company on employment, corporate, insurance and other matters, as well as representation of interests of the company in Kazakhstani courts on various matters
- Acting as local counsel to a major Kazakhstani bank in multibillion-dollar court proceedings (in London, Cyprus and BVI) for recovery of damages from the bank’s former management
- Acting for a Chinese bank in a US$10 million debt finance transaction guaranteed by three Kazakhstani subsidiaries of the borrower and secured by pledge of receivables